White Rose Bud
Glossary of Terms10X15 EURO: Vertical or Horizontal 10x15 matted album with black frames and choice of black, gold or silver gilding. Includes large selection of mats for 35mm/digital sizes. Album price includes Napa or distressed leather, photo inset cover, cork or rice paper lining and all imprinting/stamping charges. This is clearly a premium album with which to book premium jobs.
BOOK JACKET: Clear plastic jacket that fits snugly over the cover to protect the album.
BORDER DESIGNS: (See Page 15) Cover Designs/Artwork are available on all albums at no additional cost. Certain large designs may not beapplicable for small albums.
BRANDING: Method of imprinting names, dates, titles, monograms etc. without the use of gold, silver or black foil. NAPA is the only leather on which branding is recommended. Standard leather cannot be branded.
CAMEO: Gold or silver cameo (oval) which can be mounted on upper left corner of front cover to hold photograph (31.2 x 5 or 4x5).
CLOTH ALBUM SACK: Soft velvet sack in which to present, keep and protect album.
CORK LINING: Authentic Cork is available as an upgrade for lining on all Library Bound Albums.
COVERAMA: Unique patent pending creation of CLASSIC ALBUM. From an 8x10 photograph, CLASSIC will create an "Oil on Canvas" masterpiece... which will then cover the entire album in place of leather. This incredible innovation, turns an album into a cover to cover work of art... now worthy of display on a stand, table, or shelf.
EBONY CLASSIC: An extension of the Victorian and Princess line. The EBONY is solid black inside with no gold or silver border and solid black edging. This is a 21st century product that is ideal for black and white photography and today's contemporary bride.
FAVORAMA: Mini Flush album consisting of ten (10) inside prints (4x5, 5x5 or 4x6). Covers can be either one print that wraps around front and back cover, or two separate prints. Can be imprinted with names and date on front as well as studio name on back. Also referred to as a "Brag Book".
FLUSH MOUNTED: Library Bound Album in which same sized prints are mounted vertically and become the entire page. While pages in Flush Albums generally do not have frames, CLASSIC can accommodate specialty mats in the 10x10 Flush Album only. See page 17 for mat selection.
FRAME COLOR: On Reversible, Panel, Victorian and Princess Albums this refers to the color of the mats which frame the photographs. Available in pearl, black, grey, white and matte black.
GILDING: The edges of the pages can be gilded in gold, silver, black or left ungilded. Cover design, title, names and date will be imprinted in the same color as the gilding unless otherwise specified.
HINGE TAPE COLOR: This is the fabric strip that secures each page and holds the album together. On Reversible Albums the hinge color will match the frame color. On Flush Albums, you must specify color (black, white or grey). CLASSIC recommends that you use black on ALL Flush Albums since it blends in best.
HINGLESS FLUSH BOOKS: Flush style book with no hinge tapes. Comes with black cloth lining and sqaure corners.
INVITATION PAGE: CLASSIC can custom mount an invitation in any Mounted Library Bound Album at no additional cost. We recommend that this be positioned on the first page (right hand) and numbered as print #1. In albums with invitation on page 1, photographs can begin on either page 2 or 3 depending on desired layout. If beginning on page 3, please include piece of paper numbered " 2 blank" with prints. When ordering invitation page, please fill out invitation section on order form.
LEATHER CHOICES: All of our Library Bound Albums (Mounted and Slip-In) are covered in 100% leather. You can choose from four different grades. These include:
- STANDARD: 100% Processed Leather that provides consistent grain and color throughout cover and from album to album. Unlike Top Grain, this leather will not contain imperfections, variance in grain, blemishes etc. Available in Admiral Blue, Antique Ivory, Black, Burgundy, Forest Green, Ivory, Luggage, Olive Green, Slate and White.
- TOP GRAIN: Actual Top Grain Cowhide has a heavier grain and is subject to natural imperfections. Available in Black, Brown, Charcoal, Cotton Candy, Green, Ivory, Lavender, Maroon, Navy Blue, Oyster, Pewter, Pink, Red, Rose, Sand, Slate, Teal and White.
- NAPA: Is the premium leather providing a more luxurious look. It has a much softer feel than the other leather choices and is ideal for "Branding". Available in Austin, Berry, Black, Bone, Butterscotch, Cream, Golden, Honey, Midnight Blue, Mint, Mustard, Navy Blue, Patriot Blue Plum, Red, Sable, Smoke Grey, Snow, Steel Grey, Stone, Whitecap and Wine.
- DISTRESSED: Premium soft Napa finish in distressed earthtones. Available in Bark, Cherokee, Navajo, Palamino, Saddle, Sagebrush, and Santa Fe.
- FLORENTINE: Finest quality imported Italian leather cover with embossing is now available on all Library Bound Albums.
MASTERPIECE COLLECTION: Unique and original concept in photographic presentation allows wedding and portrait photographers the opportunity to combine their creativity with the latest in digital pagination. The MASTERPIECE COLLECTION currently consists of two styles and methods:
- TRADITIONAL: Contains 10x10 prints created from scanned negs or digital files. You choose special effects from catalog, and select color, content, text, etc.
- ONLINE: THE WORLD'S ONLY INTERNET BASED ALBUM. Send in negs/CD or upload digital files. Images will be password protected. Design 10x15 masterpiece from home or studio completely online. Drop images into designated mats or choose backgrounds and design pages freestyle.
MONOGRAMS: Imprinted in gold, silver or black in the center of the front cover in lieu of title or on the spine. Branded monograms are available on NAPA leather only. See title design #21 on page 6 for monogram style.
PANEL ALBUM (MATTED): Library Bound Album in which rectangular photographs are framed and mounted vertically or horizontally. Unlike a reversible, the panel will have to be turned in order to view prints running in opposite direction and can not accommodate custom frames.
PANORAMAS & HALF PANORAMAS: CLASSIC ALBUM was the first album company to feature panoramas in 1971. These large horizontal prints are in effect Flush Spreads. Using a unique method, CLASSIC can mount your panorama without splitting them down the center as most other album companies do. This will be done by reinforcing and folding the panorama thus keeping it intact. (A slight 1.16" to 1.32" line of emulsion may be lost along the fold line.) Should you prefer having your panoramas split, CLASSIC will do so. Please clearly indicate this on your order form as well as on the back of the Panorama itself.
PHOTO INSET COVER: Recessed area on cover into which a canvas print or photograph is mounted. Available in framed or unframed styles. Price includes scanning a print and creating an "Oil on Canvas" image in Color, B&W, or Sepia. Not available in standard leather.
- STANDARD INSET COVER: Choose from 8x8, 5x7, 5x5, 4x5, 4x4 recessed area in center of cover. Available in either framed or unframed styles.
- CUSTOM INSET COVER: Design and layout your own custom cover using single or multiple insets anywhere on cover. Available sizes are 8x8, 7x7, 6x6, 5x5, 4x6, 4x5, 4x4, 3x3, 2x3, 21.2 x 31.2. Please provide detailed layout description and design with your order. Custom inset covers are not available with raised frames.
PRINCESS: Slip-in Library Album available in all standard photo sizes. These custom made, hand crafted albums are gilded, moire lined, and leather covered. Prints slip directly into vertical or square framed pages. (For Reversible Princess Albums, see Victorian.)
REVERSIBLE (MATTED): Top of the line Mounted Library Album which can accommodate many different size photographs and an extensive selection of matted presentations. (See pages 10-16 for available mats). Prints in a Reversible Album are cropped and then permanently mounted on acid-free gold, silver or black underlay boards and then framed in ivory, black, grey or white matting. Prints can be mounted horizontally or vertically.
RICE PAPER LINING: Hand made flowered rice paper is available on all Library Bound Albums.
SLIP CASES: Open-ended boxes covered in matching leather and lined in moire. Can be made to encase one, two, or three album sets.
SPRAYING/LACQUERING/COATING: All spraying/lacquering charges are included in cost of album. All color prints must be coated in some manner. CLASSIC uses a water based coating applied evenly through a series of rubber and metal rollers. We will not be responsible for prints that are sent already lacquered/sprayed by you or a lab. We strongly recommend that you allow CLASSIC to use its coating system for best results and appearance.
STUDIO NAME STAMPING: Studio names or logos will be stamped on the lower left corner of the inside front cover.
TEXTURING: Light pebble texture will provide protection to prints as well as mask imperfections on the emulsion resulting from handling and shipping of prints. All Flush Album photographs will be textured unless otherwise instructed.
TITLES: Standard Titles (see page 19) can be selected at no cost. Custom titles are available at a per line charge. TWO TONE LEATHER COVER: Front and back panels of albums are covered in either Napa or Distressed leather. Spine wrap is covered in Top Grain Leather.
VICTORIAN: Reversible Slip-in Library Album available in 10x10 (8x10 reversible) and 8x8 (5x7 reversible). These hand crafted albums are bound in leather, moire lined and gilded in gold (with pearl or black frames) or silver (with gray or black frames). The Victorian is available with a wide variety of slip-in mats which are provided at no extra cost. (See page 18 for mat selection.) These mats allow the Victorian to accommodate many different size photos.